Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 June 2017

I am a very rich man!

Let’s get one thing straight from the start, I’m not talking about money here. Jan and myself are so poor, Church mice send us welfare parcels. I’m talking about real wealth, I’m talking about things money can’t buy. I’m talking about loyalty, I’m talking about a fantastic family. A family I know would never see me and Jan without a roof over our heads, good food and security. What price can you put on that?

That being said, we appreciate so many in this world have none of these things. We live in a world where the very rich get richer, the poor get poorer. When we look at so much abject poverty, I fathom to understand how some of the mega wealthy sleep at night. How much money does one man need before enough is enough? How insecure can they be? Yes, some very wealthy people give much of their great wealth away to good causes, people such as Bill Gates, the world's richest man.

If the human race is going to survive long term, huge changes have to be made. Remember on a 24 hour clock scale, in the history of our planet, the human race has only been around for a few minutes. Us humans are the only animals I know of, who are destroying our own environment, and the only animals clever enough to invent foods, and then stupid enough to eat them. The bottom line, we have to get our priorities in order. We have to understand what real wealth is. So many know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Trust me, real wealth is physical and mental health.

Eddie

24 comments:

Tom said...

...amen brother!

Susan Kane said...


Getting our priorities in shape, lined up, is essential. Good post.

only slightly confused said...

"So many know the price of everything and the value of nothing." Truer words were never spoken. Our health, family, friends, clean air, fresh water....these things are above price. We have so much and don't know enough to be grateful for it.

Sue (this n that) said...

Well said Eddie :D)

DeniseinVA said...

Excellent point of view and how true! Wealth is nothing if we don't have the love of our family and friends who would look after us if we needed it, as we would them. We are rich indeed who has all of these. Thank you Eddie.

DMS said...

We definitely have to get our priorities in order. I can't get over the fact that humans are the ones destroying the wonderful planet we live on. I try my best to do my part- but hope some of those who don't do their part will start seeing the light and stepping up!

Great post!
~Jess

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Well said! ♥

peppylady (Dora) said...

When it comes to choices and which includes money..Usual we can put it two catagroies a need or want...But then it can fall in booth Coffee is on

Margaret D said...

There are so many people who give money to charities that we don't even hear about, often poor people do. Richer people give too but we don't hear about many of those either - some people are very selfish.
Wealth is having good health.

Martha said...

Very well said! "How much money does one man need before enough is enough?" This is a question I ask often.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really true! We need to remember what is important in life. Hugs, Valerie

Jules said...

Very well said. True richness is something money can't buy. X

baili said...

how simply you said world's most important thing my friend .
agreed to each bit of you mentioned here .me enough to be awake

same questions bothered enough to be stay awaken at nights for years ,made me cry horribly and asked God to put soft corner for poor in the heart of rich who think they will stay here for always.

it took long and hard effort to swallow that reality that world is weird place and humans are brutal ,there are really few who have power and position but still believe in humanity and equality and world's remaining peace is bound to their goodness

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Um texto muito interessante.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Lowcarb team member said...

Francisco translation
A very interesting text.
A hug and good weekend.

Sami said...

Well said. Our healthy minds and bodies are our great wealth.

Phil Slade said...

The same message has been read out so many times. Unfortuinately many people either do not belive us or they are too self centered to think deeply and do something. Keep plugging away Eddie.

sandy said...

Nice Post Eddie - very well said. I'm very wealthy also, in the things that count.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated.

Regards Eddie

Jimmy said...

"So many know the price of everything and the value of nothing" Well said Eddie, you hit the nail on the head with this post.

Maggie said...

I agree with the substance of your post, but should like to point out that Bill Gates is giving away money that he got by Microsoft charging Windows users so very much for their products. I would have liked to have kept more of my own money and decided for myself which charities I wanted to support.

Magic Love Crow said...

Very true!!!

Galina L. said...

You are rich Eddie because 1) you have a great wife, 2) you have a good family, 3)you are in control of your health and give an important example to your children and grandchildren, 4) you are doing a very important job of saving other folks from a wrong nutritional advice.It all should translate in longevity or at least in being healthy most of your life.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you Galina for your very kind words. There are a few who will be dancing on my grave, so I think I will be cremated and add a bit to global warming.

Take care my loyal friend.

Eddie