Total Pageviews

Friday 30 June 2017

Herb-crusted cod anyone, or would you prefer ...



We actually enjoyed a very similar dish to this mid-week, and it was very tasty ... I should have taken some photographs! I know that many do see Friday as a traditional fish day, so I thought I would share this recipe suggestion. Please feel free to add green beans and/or broccoli to your plate too!

Ingredients
Serves Four
4 cod fillets
3tbsp cream cheese
100g (3½oz) fresh breadcrumbs
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2tbsp parsley, chopped
1tbsp chives, chopped
black pepper and salt
4 vines of cherry tomatoes
1tbsp olive oil
crisp green salad, to serve

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220ºC, fan 200ºC. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Place the cod fillets and onto the prepared baking sheet.
2. Spread the cream cheese over the top of the cod fillets. In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and juice, chopped parsley and chives, and season to taste.
3. Place the cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet next to the cod. Drizzle the cod and tomatoes with the olive oil then bake for 15 minutes, or until the cod is cooked and the crust is golden.

Each serving, as per original recipe idea, is:
Carbohydrate 0.8g Protein 39.1g Fibre 0g Fat 19.2g
From an original Tesco real food recipe here

However, if you'd rather enjoy a chicken dish, this one is nice
Provençal Chicken - recipe is here


or how about a vegetarian meal, like this one
Bean and Artichoke Crown - recipe is here


Decisions, decisions ... what will you choose?

All the best Jan

21 comments:

Tom said...

...lots of choices.

Blogoratti said...

Great dish and recipe, something to have for the long weekend. Greetings to you all!

JFM said...

Great varieties today Jan...thank you 💮

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lots of great choices. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing these delicious recipes have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

the cod sounds so yummy and what a beautiful presentation!!!

riitta k said...

Well, I'll choose the Provencal Chicken - all the ingredients are so yummu :)

only slightly confused said...

Not keen on cod but I'll cook the chicken.

Mac n' Janet said...

They all look good. Not a big fan of cod, would this work with flounder or halibut?

Lorrie said...

Delicious looking dishes - the Provençal chicken appeals to me, and the cod is next in line.

Lowcarb team member said...

Janet (Mac n' Janet) asked "would this work with flounder or halibut?"

I think any white fish would be ok for this recipe suggestion, try it and see.

This is an interesting read,
"What are the different types of white fish that people eat?
The different types of white fish people eat include flounder, haddock, whiting and cod. There are several species of flounder that are commercially valuable, including the arrowtooth flounder, the summer and winter flounders and the yellowtail flounder."

See more here
https://www.reference.com/food/different-types-white-fish-people-eat-5f2e5aea2d196e97

Hope this is helpful

All the best Jan

Jules said...

Delicious recipes. I'm spoiled for choice. X

NatureFootstep said...

:( I´m allergic to fish :(

William Kendall said...

The chicken would suit me. I have an aversion to seafood.

Lisabella Russo said...

Oooh the vegetarian one looks great, thank you!

Elephant's Child said...

Not for me, but my partner would enjoy the chicken.

happyone said...

I think I'd prefer the chicken.

Linda said...

Jan, I am getting hungry now, I have to make my supper! I would love either one! :)

Martha said...

Why choose? I'll take a little bit of each one :)

Lisa said...

Oh yes the fish dish sure does sound tasty. Perfect for a summer evening meal.
Pass the white wine!
Lisa x

Magic Love Crow said...

I will have them all! LOL!