Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 January 2017

Low carbers can never lose here is why.

Almost without exception, the negative comments we receive are anonymous. This came in last night on my post "Most drugs are useless" Glaxo Boss! Only a dullard would not have noticed, I was quoting one of the worlds leading experts on the effectiveness of MOST drugs, not ALL. Clearly that fact was beyond the understanding of the anon.

"Are you anti-vax Eddie? That's Big Pharma writ large is it not. Think of all those children not suffering from serious disease and death thanks to Big Pharma. Or did they just coincidentally get that side of things right but some how screwed up when it comes to diabetes, statins etc. and anything that implicates saturated fat and blood cholesterol in cardiovascular disease?"

For the record I am not anti vaccination, all our children have been vaccinated and so have our grandchildren. I have never said all drugs are useless. In my post I highlighted two diabetes drugs that have been banned in some countries for killing people, I also said most type two diabetes drugs are useless. Perhaps the anon can return, and inform me of type two drugs other than Metformin that work and are safe.

If pharmaceutical companies are the paragons of honesty, why have they been fined $billions in recent years for bribery and corruption, falsifying drug trial results, and withholding vital drug safety information. Statins are the most profitable drug in history, reckoned to be a $30 billion a year revenue earner. Even the most optimistic information from the statin makers, suggest  length of life expectancy is not dramatically improved. However, the side effects range from memory loss to chronic muscle damage. Let us not forget the heart is a muscle. The evidence for the damage statins cause is massive. 

We have only ever promoted a low carb, higher healthy fat, whole fresh food lifestyle. We sell nothing, in fact we have refused to monetise our website and blogs. We know beyond all doubt, we are right regarding what constitutes a healthy diet, for most people, especially diabetics and those looking to control weight. We have never said a low carb higher fat diet will cure diabetes or any other chronic disease. We know for a fact, consuming high sugar, highly processed junk from a factory, recommended by so many dietetic organisations, and their high profile dietitians, is not the way to better health. 

Link to big pharma fine information here. 


For the avoidance of all doubt, almost all whole fresh food is low carb (with the exception of most fruits and some root vegetables) all the foods below are low carb. 


Eddie


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a low carver. My Dr got me started for my diabetes, high blood pressure and advancing kidney disease. I have been eating low carb for a year and 2 months now, I've lost 115.8 lbs. I'm no longer classified as a diabetic, I no longer gave high blood pressure and my kidney profile
is now normal. I dont do a lot of exercise, but I do walk about 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day. When I started, I had to use a mobility scooter.
I turned 62 a month after I started the life change. I'm 63 now and healthier than I was at 33.
I love your blog and recipes. Thank you.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Every day on t.v. we see advertisements for class-action lawsuits against most of the new drugs promoted by Big-Pharma these days. I once had an ear infection and the Dr. gave me a 'new' drug which I had a life-threatening allergic reaction to. Since regulations were lifted on the FDA during the Bush administration, drugs have been pushed through without proper vetting and many are quite dangerous. I love that you offer an alternative to Big-Pharma with wonderful information. Ignore the trolls. - Karen

Sue (this n that) said...

Yes, there will always be people who don't take the time to read an article through to the end. The heading was an eye-catcher. I like it when balanced views and sources of information are given.

I keep an open mind on all medications and, sometimes, in conjunction with my Dr, know that I have to weigh up the pros and cons of being on one. My Dr takes the view that the lowest dose should be given a good length of time to see if it works. I appreciate that view and am able to be down to a manageable level of tolerating nerve pain. It's all personal choices I guess.

Thank you for all your posts - I may not always comment but I read a lot of them :D)

Revrunner said...

If only all the produce in our supermarkets looked that good.

Galina L. said...

Every time when somebody comments something negative here it is not only always anonymous but it is also something what comes from dull minds. A sharp minded person would not mistake your writings for the critique of vaccinations or antibiotics.

Linda said...

Well, if a comment is anonymous, it's suspicious. Pay it no mind.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for the comments. To Diane what a fantastic turnaround in your health, I believe you have given yourself every chance of extra active and happy years on your life. Very well done, keep up the great work, and thank you for encouraging us to keep spreading the word.

The very best of luck and health to you and yours.

Eddie