Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Gluten Free vs Grain Free


Libby at Ditch the Carbs wrote this article a little while ago, but the words may be of interest to many readers: "So we’ve all heard about going gluten free. Is it necessary? Is it the latest fad diet? Is it for everyone? What about healthy whole grains? And what is so wrong with gluten anyway, surely we’ve been eating bread for thousands of years right?"

She produced the above chart - but she also wrote much more about this - you can read it here

All the best Jan

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm on keto diet for a while, and i already lost a lot of weight. This diet really turned my life better.
If you don't know where to start, or you just want to spice up your diet meals.
Check ou this book http://tastyketo.com/keto-cookbook/ .
Over 370 recipes, macros, meal plans and shopping list. It really made myl ife easier, and tastier :)

Sandra Cox said...

Very helpful article, Jan. Thanks:)

Debbie said...

interesting...gluten free does seem like a fad to me, but i have not studied the research data!!!!

Bob Bushell said...

Well thought of, Gluten Free vs Grain Free.

Conniecrafter said...

My hubby has a gluten problem and we have noticed that with the gluten free products, it just seems like empty junk, so I have been looking for healthy alternatives for him.

Kay G. said...

My husband has celiac disease. It is good that more things are now labeled gluten free but it is difficult to read people say that gluten free is just a fad or a trend. Very difficult.
A lot of low carb foods are good for him, so I am thankful I found your blog!
Thanks for visiting my blog, Jan, much appreciated!