Total Pageviews

Friday 22 April 2016

Sardines a Super Food - Try them in a Greek Sardine Salad



Sardines are rich in numerous nutrients that have been found to support cardiovascular health. They are one of the most concentrated sources of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which have been found to lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels; one serving (3.25 ounce can) of sardines actually contains over 50% of the daily value for these important nutrients. Sardines are an excellent source of vitamin B12, second only to calf's liver. Vitamin B12 promotes cardiovascular well-being since it is intricately tied to keeping levels of homocysteine in balance; homocysteine can damage artery walls, with elevated levels being a risk factor for atherosclerosis. A true super food that not only contains great nutrients is usually reasonably priced too ...

Read more on sardines at this site here


How about trying out this delicious Greek Sardine Salad recipe (bread optional)
You can find the details here.


Cheers !
 ... apologies it's not a Greek Wine

All the best Jan

3 comments:

Martha said...

Both my husband and I love sardines! They make me think of my dad who also loved them. He used to have a special recipe where he would marinade them for a few days and they were so delicious! Thankfully, he passed that recipe to me before he died. It's been so long since I made it and your blog post has motivated me to get that done.

The Happy Whisk said...

I enjoy sardines. Came to them late in life.

Candy S said...

I have been adding sardine paste to my Caesar salad dressing, I love the subtle taste it adds to the dressing. I also enjoy the little fillets in the salad too.