Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 March 2014

Livlife the greatest thing since sliced bread !

An edited re post

What a line eh, mine. Who would have thought I would ever being saying that about a shop bought bread. We mentioned this bread yesterday, as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and this bread tastes great. The makers say “Half the carbs of regular bread” they are being very fair and conservative. Each slice has 3.8 grams of carb. Following a total carb regime of 50 carbs per day I can fit a few slices of this great tasting bread into my meal plans. Check out the sandwich below, less than ten carbs in total and will keep me going until dinner tonight.

Please note. We have no connection with this company whatsoever, but feel this product can be a real boon for most diabetics and lowcarbers. We created and maintain this site without any help from anyone else. In doing so, we do not receive direct or indirect funding from anyone. We do not accept money or favours to manipulate the evidence in any way.



The above was posted some months ago on this blog. I notice at the flog someone has given a link to our website re the flaxloaf. The flaxloaf was to be fair a bit of an acquired taste, but better than no bread and a very healthy food item. For some months now, Jan, Graham and myself have been eating the Livlife bread featured here. It tastes great, does not raise BG by any appreciable amount and freezes well. Even at £2.00 it represents good value for money in my opinion and is a great addition to the low carbers food and recipe list.

Waitrose seems to be the only shop selling this, but I hear other big names will be selling it soon. Please check out our other sites.

Our website aimed at newly diagnosed and long term out of control type two diabetics.
www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk

Our low carb recipe and food idea blog.

Our new blog for diabetics and people interested in low carbing.


Eddie

4 comments:

tess said...

did you ever run a test, eating this bread by itself, and then reading your blood sugars? i'd be interested in learning the results....

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess

Yes we run tests, on it own (buttered) and with fried eggs etc with breakfast. No serious BG increase.

Bear in mind on average this bread is around one third of a slice of white bread for carbs and far more nutritious.

Lots of seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and also contains flax etc.

Not 100% perfect, but way better than the usual shop bought junk !

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Some may not like including any grains in their diet but I do enjoy a slice of bread or toast ocassionally and buy this loaf. It does not raise my blood sugar numbers like an ordinary brown wholemeal does. I still use my meter to keep a check on various food reaction. Better to be safe than sorry, that's if you can get test strips I know many are not so fortunate.

L B

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess, I'm T2 insulin dep. At present I'm not eating grains but when I did, one slice of Livlife had absolutely no effect on my BG, two just a little.

Regards. Geri