Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Catherinecherub one very confused lady !

Over at the flog an amazing event took place yesterday. The Cherub has refrained for years in giving the slightest hint of a clue re her diet other than to say Low GI. Yesterday all that changed. What a carb fest it appears to be and zero fat. Almost all my carbs come from non starchy vegetables, no way could I and most type two diabetics on minimal or no meds, as the Cherub claims, add another 25% of low GI carbs, and hold the constant non diabetic BG numbers the Cherub has also claimed for over five years.

From the portion control thread she started.

"As I follow the low G.I. diet then I also follow portion control. This involves dividing my plate as follows, 25% with a low G.I. carb that I can tolerate because my meter says so, 25% protein and 50% vegetables. If appropriate I may have a side salad as well or some soup for a starter."

The cherub

As John very well illustrated yesterday these portion control merchants are living in a world of fantasy. I am sure the Cherub suffers from portion control, but not in the grub department, ya gotta larf.

Eddie

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Personally speaking, I 'preached' moderation when I was trying to justify continuing to eat that which I KNEW was crap/junk food.

I'm just sayin... ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can base your views on this.
You don't know whether olive oil dressings, avacados, nuts and seeds are used and you have not been given enough information to know what she eats for other meals.
Does she have butter in her scrambled eggs, Does she add cream to any dishes? Does she fry any food? You would need a week's worth of her food diary.
Seems as though you are making assumptions because of your narrow views on anyone who does not low carb or does she low carb and you feel she is not doing it right?
Have you any qualifications as a nutritional advisor or are you assuming the role?

Not enough info IMHO.

Lowcarb team member said...

To talk about a portion control diet or any kind of diet without a single mention of fat percentage is ludicrous. We cannot live without fats full stop. Her carb levels are not conducive to non diabetic HbA1c numbers year in and year out, especially on zero diabetic medication. The diet she described would suit a non diabetic. But never a well controlled zero meds diabetic.

Also your 'IMHO' just gave you away IMHO. Lot of liars on the forum EH !

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Gwen

Some foods even in moderation cannot be tolerated by many people. For me it's 50 carbs per day max or my health suffers. Other cannot tolerate gluten for some dairy makes them ill. One thing is for sure we all need good quality fats to stay healthy.

Eddie

Gwen said...

Eddie, it's the 'all things in moderation' that I am disagreeing with. Sure, I can eat a few onion rings a few times a month...no problem. But to say ALL things in moderation? Yeah no.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well she states 25% from carbs and 50% from veg ( more carbs ) so I reckon were talking around 50% cals from carbs a day, seeing she's not on any meds and consistently reports a non diabetic A1c of 5.1 this would imply she's either a fantasist, liar or a medical miracle! My moneys not on the latter.

Graham