Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I thought of the post title and the famous Christmas song Winter Wonderland came to mind. Apparently it was first published in 1934. The composer was Felix Bernard (1897-1944) and the lyricist was Richard B. Smith (1901-1935). I think the most popular versions of this classic Christmas song, Winter Wonderland, were recorded by the Andrews Sisters and Perry Como. Of course you may know of, and prefer, other popular singers.

I think that the lyrics of Winter Wonderland have definitely contributed to the magical vision of snow that we conjure up at Christmas. That and the tradition of building snowmen and therefore turning fantasy into reality by creating a real Winter Wonderland. Magic or what? Just see it from a child's eyes.

So, with your best singing voices please ….here is the first verse:

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
We’re happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland

I thought it apt to share this post with fellow blogger Suzanne, she can be found at spunkysuzi.blogspot.co.uk. I have un-ashamedly used her wonderful snow and ice pictures. I just think they capture walking in a winter wonderland so well.

 






Whether our walks are enjoyed in colder conditions or warmer climates, perhaps we should all make the effort to enjoy some fresh air. That’s what I did this afternoon, before I went out I also enjoyed some great low carb food, a crust-less quiche with Chorizo and red onion, y
ou can find the recipe here


Crust-less quiche with Chorizo and red onion.


Now tomorrow why don't you put on your walking shoes.

All the best Jan


Link to Suzannes's Blog here     

6 comments:

tess said...

where's the "like" button? :-D

Lowcarb team member said...

Ah thanks Tess - appreciated

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

I'm sure your quiche was delicious! Suzy is also from England as you know. She does take lots of pictures on her walks.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of the countryside and food

Tanvee said...

its always nice to get out for a walk...the quiche looks yum, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Those pictures look great, you can feel the cold on your nose. Think I'd have soup when I got back in
Sue