Total Pageviews

Friday 18 October 2013

The wonder of lowcarb !

More thievery by me, from a post at the diabetes.co.uk forum. Eddie

"With tears in my eyes I write this, I got my hba1c done yesterday alone with the lipid profile for cholesterol etc, I havent yet seen the results in black and white but my wife rang me, she has a print out from the doc with my results, well I have worked very hard at this since february and feel like i have saved my life (assuming i dont die whilst writing this post) my new numbers are

Hba1c 36 :shock:
Triglicerides 0.7 :shock:
hdl ratio 2.8 :shock:

in feb my hba1c was 106
triglicerides 2.9 (i think)
hdl 6.3

my bp was 250/150
now its 106/65 (avg)

im fitter beyond words

im so happy i could fly

I had already lost 2 stone mysteriously before dx and since then lost another 4 stone and now maintained it for months

I have been low carbing, completely ignoring calories and eating lots and lots of FAT, I have pretty much ignored every word the doctors and nurses have told me and learned everything I know from the good people on the site and random internet searching"

Full post here.

4 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

A great and cheerful guy whose worked hard and took control and it's paid off big time !

Truly inspirational indeed-so many of us have kicked our diabetes butt following the same regime and it always warms my heart to read these success stories from the recently diagnosed.

Paul

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Paul

This is the sort of post that blows my brains out. It make all the shit worthwhile. Long may he run !

Eddie

Anonymous said...

'The Wonder Of You' and this blog is that it does its best to spread the low carb good news and success stories. Long may it continue.

Kay

Lowcarb team member said...

Its what makes it so maddening that everyone doesn't have access to this information from the beginning.

Not only that but that the wrong advice is given and the patient has to waste time finding this out for themselves and hopefully somehow finding their way to a safer place almost by chance.

I have been convinced for a very long time that the simple act of mentioning reducing starchy carbs as an option to the newly diagnosed would make an enormous difference.

If this is going to be delayed indefinitely then maybe the next best option is to get more publicity for the websites where this information is accessible.

I know these ideas have been mooted before in various places but nothing ever seems to be done.

Links to websites and blogs - a little notice in the relevant places would be less conspicuous and less controversial than outright low carb publicity. Then there would only be the job of ensuring that the information was actually there.

I am an optimist, I like to think that recent negative events elsewhere have actually resulted in a positive outcome.

Kath