Total Pageviews

Friday 22 July 2011

Why we fight on !

An email received yesterday at lowcarbdiabetic website, name removed. Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Hello,

I just started looking at your site and so far I like what I see. On your web site, I am noticing a lot of what I know from a decade of experience with this disease, to be the truth about diabetes.  I have never been able to find a doctor or endocrinologist who was not a complete idiot about how I should treat this disease. My so called treatment was actually criminal. They were killing me!

I was forced to take control of my health and stopped taking all prescribed drugs, seeing doctors and going to labs. At that time I was on 5 different prescriptions none of which worked and all had significant side effects. I was injecting myself before every meal. The drugs, office visits and lab work cost me a lot or money! I believe making m oney was the primary focus of my treatment; to generate money for the medical community. I now control my health with diet (Atkins) and exercise and I am much healthier for it. The only money I have spent in years for my diabetes is for test strips and A1C test kits. I do my own lab work. My numbers are better than they ever were.

With some of the money I saved I bought myself a very nice bicycle and commute to work on it, 21 miles/day.

Thanks,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good to see someone appreciates you.

Just a few million more to work on!

Ray

Anonymous said...

Well done you for successfully sorting your self out and sharing the good news.

I exercise more now than pre-diabetes but alas not cycling. I swim and walk this seems to do the trick for me, along with my diet, healthier now than ever before.

Mel

a

Anonymous said...

Like you I found the web site and started to experiment and try out the low carb way and much to my delight it worked.

Thank you for sharing your good news.

We must keep on spreading the word so more can benfit.

Jayne