Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Good luck with this - but it does sound a bit barking.

As reported a few intrepid seekers of the truth, or raving lunatics, depending on your point of view, are going for a 600 calories diet. This self administered flagellation has come about from the so called cure announced by Professor Roy Taylor et al. Evidently starving yourself close to death can cure type two diabetes. One of the guys doing a ‘Roy Taylor’ as I am sure this form of torture will become known as, has published his BG numbers for the last day and a half. These numbers range from 9.6 to 18.5. With an average of 13.7 when I last checked. These numbers are roughly three times higher than a non diabetic !

As one of the few awake and compos mentis members over at the forum of flog said on the thread “Good luck with this - but it does sound a bit barking” I could not agree more. There could be some method in Patches apparent madness. If he can keep up these highly dangerous BG numbers, a mods job or even chief administrators job could his for the asking. What ever happened to the 5% club ? OK, I know the answer to that one, most got banned or left.

The crazy world of diabetes if far crazier than I ever imagined and appears to be getting worse by the day.

Eddie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.

I wish you luck but with respect I must question anyones sanity who goes in for this.

Come on this is no substitute for good, wholesome food. Preferably meat, fish, vegetables, eggs etc

Joe

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to them I know I couldn't do it, BG levels that high would make me feel ill.

Scott

Anonymous said...

These bg numbers are just too high and like Scott would also make me feel ill. With low carb and minimal metformin my numbers my last two tests were 5.9 then 5.5 I'm pleased with that.

Surely there is no substitute for good food eaten wisely.

Pete

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree 100%. I can hold good BG numbers on no meds with the correct diet and exercise. Metformin gets me holding fours to mid fives on my BG meter 90% of the time and an occasional six. Daily calories well over 2000 and rarely hungry. Stable weight of 160 lbs for over three years. Metformin also has proven heart benefits and is about as safe and well proven as any drug can be, it’s also very cheap.

Three years or more researching and nothing comes close. More carbs and more drugs will never be the answer.

Eddie